Introduction to the school inspections study
School inspections from a polycentric perspective are external evaluations of schools and of interdependent networks of different actors who use knowledge, information and other resources to influence schools, undertaken by officials outside the school with a mandate from a national/local authority, by taking into account:
- The perspective on school quality from the schools and the various stakeholders in the network with the purpose of:
- Providing feedback to schools and stakeholders;
- The dissemination of good practices and;
- A shared agenda for change;
- The quality of the collaboration between schools and stakeholders in the network
- The coordination of visits to all schools and stakeholders in the network.